Nothing new. Except I caught covid after 2 years of avoiding it.
First, R got it. Perhaps from work because he started working in and out of hospitals. I've already expected it to hit me because I shared drinks with him on the night we cycled (he had scratchy throat which he thought was from the week-old tobacco). I pushed him to stay at the other house until he's negative or even better, 10 days. It was Distro Day Out on the following Saturday which R had to miss. I tested negative before going out. Had some itch in my throat. Luckily, the event was set at a place where it was near impossible to hang out. Our usual circle separated by 8.30pm while I Grabbed to send R the CDs/shirts I bought for him.
I could only stay away and outside. A distance from the gate. My migraine was acting up so I went back home after an hour. At this point, I took extra precaution and wore N95 at home, slept with the windows and doors open since I'm sharing a room with my son. I even slept with the mask on. I had bruises.
The next day, I KNEW I was down with it. My pillows felt warm and my body just felt different. I took my temperature and it was 39.5. Took ART- positive. I strictly told my kid not to use the kitchen toilet. Don't come near me. Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I did not develop any cough. My coughs were more to me having to clear my phlegm - which was little like when I have my normal cold/allergy. N95 masks everyday, from morning to the next day. Even when I was asleep except when I have to shower. I sanitized the whole house like a mad man. My symptoms were gone by the 3rd day. But I did have bad headaches. Made me giddy.
Few days later, I tested negative. I didn't manage to tell my friends because by the time I wanted to, I was already negative. Lol. Plus, I did not take off my mask on Saturday. No chance to take a sip of water too.