"I've never had to knock on wood but I know someone who has" - Mustard Plug
Junior's down with another bout of (bad) fever - the highest his body ever got. A week or two ago he started constipating. His body was warm but not anywhere near a fever, maxing at 37.6. He had a little cough and that's all. This week, he started the cycle again. His temperature spiked up to 37.9 at 5am on Friday. I guessed that was why he had difficulty sleeping the whole week since Monday. His nose was as bad as a broken pipe too. On Saturday, despite knowing he's sick (as a parent I just want to see my kid happy, right? right??), we brought him out to City Hall. He was active on and off but kept on complaining of being tired. I understood. As expected, once we got home, his temperature spiked up to 39.5. Gave him Paracetamol and a sponged him with tepid water. He fell asleep right afterwards. I knew it wasn't the end. On Sunday, he woke up coughing. The annoying cough. A trademark of his whenever he's really sick. Temperature at 12pm: 38.5 It's not good but at least he didn't wake up with a scary 39 on the thermometer. He didn't poop. He was famished. Wanted rice. He ate more than the day before.
I gave him medicines at 2.15pm. Temperature: 38.3 Still, wasn't low enough but it's too early to tell since I took his temperature right after he was done taking meds. He didn't run around but had the appetite (sort of). Munched on some biscuits and talked to my brother, played with his toy trains and smiled whatsoever. Before nap time at 4pm, Temperature: 38.0 Seems hopeful, eh? I hope so.
He woke up after 7pm. Didn't check his temperature or I did but I can't remember. He pooped. Mucus. Liquid. But better than nothing! I made him sit in the toilet while I turned on the heater and steamed the toilet. He was weak but still playful. Talked and made jokes. I gave him a slight warmer shower. He didn't eat much probably due to the spicy food.
Another cycle of medicines around 8.40pm. He suddenly became weak around 9.15pm. Watery eyes, less energetic. In fact, I took his temperature and it was back to 39.3. Frustrated, worried, anxious, angry. I sponged him again and put him to bed by 9.40pm. Afterwards, Temperature: 39.1 Not much difference. I'm hoping his temperature went back to square one because I showered him and he was feeling too cold while sitting in the living room. Although in clothes, he was wearing his school shorts and I did not put on socks for him. What luck.
I've not checked his temperature. The forehead thermometer isn't accurate when there's wind from fans around the room. The in-ear thermometer works better but it'll wake him up. Hoping for the best. Also, I hope this sickness will go away by Monday night. Raf needs to bring him to the polyclinic in case he needs anti-biotics. My old theory: a visit to the clinic will suddenly make you not sick. Ha ha.
Get well soon.
:(