Sunday, 13 May 2018

Mother's Day

The day where we all celebrate the existence of mothers when actually everyday is a day for mothers. As for the three of us, we didn't celebrate. Saturday is a dread as per usual. Nothing new. But this time, I had to push myself. I needed to survey laptops. My current one is starting to show signs that it'll stop working sooner or later. 

There was nowhere else to look. IT Show is not around until next Wednesday at Suntec Convention Centre. Newstead, Lenovo, Dell at Marina Square. We headed to Harvey Norman @ Millenia Walk first and I saw a cheap piece - $448. Didn't really look through. 

We had dinner at Qiji and proceeded to the shops at Marina. I expected to see affordable laptops at Newstead but their lowest price seems to be $900. So we skipped. Entered HP and saw the one I had in mind. $599. 15.6 inch screen, 15bs0xx I think. Before confirming to buy it, we rushed back to Harvey Norman to see the one I saw earlier. Sadly, the $448 wasn't worth it. Speed and outlook wise, too similar to my current Fujitsu Lifebook. A gold one with HD screen was staring right into my eyes. Unfortunately, it's 13.3 inch and my eyes aren't good anymore. We rushed back to HP afterwards to confirm my purchase. $599. Poof. Right on time before they closed. 

Happy that I've bought a new one (with help from dad and husband, and also my savings). Azmin had a last minute plan to meet up with us at Suntec. We hung out until 11.10pm. Trained back home with a bad migraine. Spent about 3-4 hours playing GTA online. 

Aaaaand tomorrow's a new week. A Monday. Few more days to Ramadhan. Thinking about it makes me cranky.