Wednesday, 4 April 2018

We belong to Him and to Him we shall return

The first time I’ve lost a close relative. Cik Tini has been the one who never judges anyone despite their actions and has never gossiped about them. She was the one who talked to grandma for hours on the phone whenever she could. Nobody knew that she was sick, 3 years ago. It turns out she has been carrying the big C word in her. It’s more personal so I won’t blog about it here.
Every year without fail, she would bring a big bag of Lemper the first day of Hari Raya. Glutinous rice with beef inside, wrapped in a leaf. That, too, was the snack which made me stop sulking and showing the attitude towards grandma in 2007 (I was too young, hehe).
I’m glad I managed to see you for the last time few days before you went off. It was heartbreaking to see you in that condition. But I believe you’re with the angels. You’re a good person. Thank you for always smiling and always being there for my grandparents. You never fail to make us smile. Rest in peace, Cik Tini. We will always remember you. You will be missed  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥