I couldn't count how many times I've avoided going to gigs because it'll cause me many issues resulting in anxiety. But 12 October was not to be missed. Not because we're expecting to mosh (not me) or meet friends, but it'll be different. Ijat tagged along. Booze and whatnots. FINALLY.
It was a rainy Friday. Reached Woodlands before 5pm and I immediately regretted not putting on my black parka. We had light dinner before going out around 6pm. My initial plan was to bring along my G7X as it'll be a memorable day. Unfortunately, it's too bulky and I won't want to risk damaging or losing it. Ryna was supposed to be there with her friend but she cancelled due to some reason. Heard The Bois won't be performing last minute too. I took one too many gulps of DXM. We had a bottle of Red Peak. It's my first time tasting wine. Heck! It's time to be alive...right?
I was glad Azmin agreed to tag along since he did his tattoo around Woodlands too. The gig was at The Analog Factory @MegaWoodlands by the way. We waited for him at a bustop nearby. It had not kicked in but sort of did. I was confused myself, too. A can of Baron never tasted good until last Friday. We then proceeded. We thought we had found the place. Confident gile 5th floor. There wasn't anything there. Turns out the venue was at another block.
The turn-out was average. Not much people as I expected before knowing quite a few backed out and went to Judge at Decline instead. Some backed out due to politics.. etc etc etc. Jorge reached the same time as us. Dat was already there. And a few more I don't remember. We sat at the end, beside Jorge's van. The view made me flashback some shit moments I couldn't avoid. Took the last gulp of Baron and MAN it was not what I expected. That one chug turned everything around. ROBO!
We proceeded to sit outside the entrance as we didn't know if we could start going in or not. The distro had some eye-catching polo tees and harringtons. I didn't bring enough cash. All of us didn't! Ahhh.
First band: DEATHRACE.
Which is Jorge's band with Aidril. We entered after their sound check. Since the turn-out wasn't crowded, the space was quite empty. Both Raf and Ijat wanted some action. But it's okay. At least we finally got to see Deathrace perform on stage.
I wasn't sure what band was next. At this point of time, I'm already gone. The robot has taken over me and I can no longer decipher its code. We hung out at the spot again. Smooooked like nobody's business. My phone was dying and I was in a frustrating state of mind. Why did my battery drain so fast. Wulf and co. reached. Not much to say. I was a robot. Ha.
Halfway through, Azmin was hungry. He wanted Indian food. Mee goreng. We went down to the nearest coffeeshop under the building. I didn't remember myself going down with them. I managed to only remember smoking by the railing telling myself I could get fined but I continued anyway. Ijat went off to buy drinks for us all while Azmin ate the oily egg prata. I wasn't thirsty but needed to hydrate myself. Mineral water. If I skipped these bottles of useful water, I'll end up having a bad migraine before midnight.
We went back up again. I was starting to feel nauseous. I told Raf and Azmin to go in without me. I'll take care of their stuffs outside. There, laid some foam mat and perhaps the jamming room's props, I swear I wanted to lay down on the foam mat and shiver myself to sleep. But I couldn't. Maintain image siket la. During this time, I was alone. But my mind was overpowering myself with old thoughts which made me hallucinate seeing the old 2006 Raf sitting in front of me; moshing in the pit with his thousand spike hair; talking to me. It was clear until I started to smirk. It all went away. Kurang ajar nye otak.
![]() |
| The second bottle of Red Peak. Ijat's Carlsberg. Our second pack of Minstorm. |
Ijat finally came back with a new bottle of Red Peak, skittles and maybe some other things. Just in time before I started spewing tears of reminiscence! I sat there. Silent. Almost 30 minutes of silence. Because I knew if I continued turning left and right, talked, I'll projectile vomit.
A guy from Firstblood came to us and opened up a conversation. We were shocked to know nobody (especially the Grn) approached them and engaged in any kind of conversation. Hello, they're guests? From Indonesia. How could anyone not appreciate that? Anyway, the conversation was great eventhough I was responding in my mind instead of verbally (I DON'T want to vomit). Joke of the night: Bandung dekat Jakarta. Glad Azmin laughed it off too. Haha.
-At this point I can't remember what happened when. It's all jumbled up-
![]() |
| Jorge. Vomiting. Blearh! |
I saw Jorge walking with his hands touching the wall like a menjeng anak dara. He vomited. People just looked. Okay, I know this might be normal at places like these but I just couldn't help feeling sad. I looked at those who were looking at him, I looked at the 2 bottles of mineral water in front of me. Heck...I'll go. Passed the bottle to At for Jorge to drink. It felt good. Good to help...when you're drunk and tripping like a robot taking care of belongings.
I smiled. I made people smile. But my smile was fucking annoying.. If you know the meme where there's a cat and a dog smiling widely "when you passby a coworker down the hallway" , I smiled like that. I might've scared Hardy and Mandeep. Most importantly, I'm glad Ijat had a great time too. People happy, I also happy.






